John A. Weeks III

In article kEbVd.66856$8a6.66218@trndny09,
"R. Bharat Rao" wrote:

"w_tom" wrote in message
Yes, all electronics require building wide protection that
costs about $1 per protected appliance. So how much is that
Monster Cable product being pushed by a salesman? Salesman
who must avoid mentioning earth ground to sell a product that
may cost 80 times more money per protected appliance.

Tom, sorry... so how do I get "whole house surge protection"

You can also call your power company. They will install a
unit that goes between the electrical meter and the meter
socket/frame. I recall mine being about $115, and it was
installed for free when they did the off-peak meter, plus
they billed it to my electrical bill (so I didn't have to
pay that day).

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708
Newave Communications