chlim

you may want to check the alignment of the fan shaft bolt holes.

holes that were not level would cause this type of problem.

"SQLit" wrote in message

"M&K" wrote in message
. com...
Our ceiling fan wobbles to the point where the ball joint goes
"snik-snik-snik..." and the pull chain for the light goes
"ting-ting-ting..."

Aside from maybe helping me write a song for some new Broadway musical,

it
gets pretty annoying and with warmer weather coming, I would like to get

rid
of the wobble.

I have already followed the manufacturer's instructions for eliminating
wobble (loosen blades, run on high, tighten, swap adjacent blades, etc)

with
no luck. I found a nice web page where someone very knowledgable

suggests
testing the blade balance using a clothespin, but that only made the

wobble
worse.

This same page said to check blade distance from the ceiling, and this

is
where I found the problem; while all the blades were the same distance

from
the ceiling, one of the blade arms that attach to the motor was twisted

the point where the blade was almost at a 45-degree angle. Okay, the

problem
is aerodynamics, not actual balancing. However, this is one of those

real
high-priced fans using what I believe is pewter for the arms and I don't
think I can just go and put this thing in a vise to try and twist it

into
correct angle.

Has anyone else encountered this, and how did you correct it?

Thanks

Yep see it before.

Are you sure your not missing a screw on that blade? There are usually two
screws that hold the blade assembly to the motor housing.

I got the manufacture of the fan to cough up a set of "irons" the metal
pieces that attach to the fan and the blades attach to the "iron".

The box stores sell then in sets in brass finish. Be damned sure you bring
an old one with you. There hundreds of slight variations to the "irons".
Ok maybe not hundreds but there are a bunch.