Howie

Default sliding closet door over laminate - help!

I am installing laminate flooring in our kitchen, main hallway and front
entrance (where the closet is)... The closet has mirror sliding doors, with
the track on both the top and bottom... my questions:

Can I drill holes in the laminate for the bottom sliding track? I plan on
making the holes 1/2" in diameter so the flooring can still move (float)
underneath. The bottom sliding track would cover these larger holes.

Am I thinking the right way? What kind of screw/hardware would I use for the
bottom sliding track into the sub floor?

Any suggestions / tips / comments / advice?

Howie