Blue

I have a rental unit with a parquet wood floor that needs refinishing.
Would you suggest refinishing that or replacing it with the Costco/SamsClub
laminate?

"Kim" wrote in message

"pkmicro" wrote in message
ink.net...
Hi Ikon,

I am thinking about replacing my carpet with Costco's Laminate floor that
is having $5.00 rebate per carton right now.
How do you like it? Or should I go with real hardwood floor?

I've installed about 1,000sf of the Costco laminate and it worked out
well. I'm now in the process of installing another 600sf in another house.
Those are for rental units - Laminates are cheap (for the DIYs) and tough.
Wood flooring is good too and has more warmth (feel and sound different
too) to it and your could renew it with a floor sander later on but its
not as tough (hard) as laminate. On still another house I'm replacing a 50
year old oak flooring with laminate. Repairing a piece of laminate in the
middle of the room would be a pain in the ass but I'm not at that stage
yet. On my own house I'll go with hardwood or bamboo in the major rooms
just for the warmth and we're nowhere as hard on the flooring as the
tenants.

The $5 rebate is pretty good. You could get cheaper laminates at Sam's
Club or http://lumberliquidators.com/ but some of it are just junk -
Costco's is warranted for 25 years.