Mark

Lil typed:

We have a 1960's block wooden parquet floor in our entrance hall
which is driving me crazy!....It would look fabulous if we could just
stop it getting scratched. Have tried tough floor varnish but it
doesn't seem to make any difference. With four kids it's impossible
to keep yelling "mind the floor!" everytime anyone walks through the
door - and anyway floors are made to walk on and I'm that unusual
type of female that doesn't like nagging (yes really!). Love the
look of the floor otherwise and don't really want to change it - does
anyone have any suggestions on what we could use to stop it
scratching and marking - non-slip of course!

Lil

Basically no you have to mother hen it, but that's part of its beauty.
we have an oak parquet floor in our dinning room that I made and laid
myself, all we use is a polishing machine every few days, and a recoat of
varnish every year.

(I just wish people would stop asking were we got that nice laminate
flooring from)