Mike Mitchell

Default Tree stump removal

On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 09:24:29 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

I ws in Suffolk last Easter, it seemed to be all flint and sand ... our
grand daughters were selling flints to punters.

What on earth would flints be of use to anyone?!!

You know, when I was doing my garden makeover, I built a soil sifter
to sift the stones from the (little) soil in the ground (here stones
make up at least 50% of the content) and was left with a huge pile of
stones. So, what to do with them? I wondered whether I could set up a
web site, aimed at the Americans, and offer them a small "slice" of
olde England for, say, five bucks a gem, sorry, stone. Each stone
would be accompanied by a certificate of genuineness, having been dug
from the soil of an English village and washed in spring water from
the Thames. A jiffy bag would be about 50 pence, and with a
certificate printed on my LaserJet using stock from Paper Direct, I'd
make a fortune.

Instead, I thought, bugger that for a game of pixies! And used the
stones as hardcore for a garden feature.

MM