Jim Bailey

Thanks Bob - I'll try them today - I hate the idea of having to ship a new
tool off to the service center. I was extremely carefull about my technique
when testing this. And it acts the same way with the FF cutter installed as
well.

jim

wrote in message
oups.com...
Jim,

I bought the exact same kit you got from Amazon. I'm out of town now so
I cannot go check it closely, but I am absolutely sure it doesn't
create the sloppy slots you describe. In fact it seems to work
precisely in my useage.

If you can return it to Amazon for full credit, I'd do that, then order
a replacement. It will be by far the fastest way to get it handled.

The only "problem" I experienced when I first used mine was
inexperience and I inadvertantly rested the joiner on the table top
instead of the top of the wood and my slots did not line up. I now know
to put the wood on a spacer block or something to make sure its well
clear of any table or vice surfaces when I align the joiner to make the
cut.

Bob