Ray V

A little pricey, but might be worth it. You would have to worry about
shrinkage.

http://www.ebty.com/eb_ty_products_main.html

There are also metal brackets that accomplish what 2x2s would allowing you
to screw from underneath. Sorry I dont have a source for them.

--

Too much is not enough!
rvojtash NOT THIS at comcast (dot) net
"Jason Quick" wrote in message
"mcgyver" wrote in message
5/4 x 6" yellow cedar boards Approx 600ft2 deck. will have a 3/16" gap
between boards. I'm looking for suggestions on how to attach them to the
joists. I refuse to face nail/screw for the sheer fact that I hate to
look
at screw heads ect. I'm thinking of predrilling and toenailing down on a
45
between the boards and then using either screws or spiral nails
(stainless
of course) anyone have any other ideas that i haven't thought of?
Pictures? thanks

I've heard tell that some guys have sistered 2x2s onto the joists, then
screwed upward into the deck boards. Might wanna put some sort of spacer
between the 2x2 and the joists, though, to facilitate air circulation.
YMMV.

Jason