Mark & Juanita

"Tom Watson" wrote in message

Sorry Charlie (did I just say that out loud?) but this conflicts with
my own theory on Impressionism, particularly in the regard of those
such as Degas, Cezanne, Renoir, Matisse, Monet, et al, who suffered,
in my firm opinion from poor eyesight, and thought that they were
doing Realism, thus inventing an entire school of visual artwork,
based entirely on the inability to see clearly.

As proof, I offer you the thought that, were I a painter, which I am
not, and were I to paint without having my glasses on, which I would
not, even if I could, I would paint a faithful representation of the
world as I perceived it; unclear, diaphanous, distorted, pastel, and
preposterous.

I am surprised that the art critics have not taken my point.

'tis a good thing you're *not* a painter. Nothing worse than painting a
pointy stick and thus ruining it's natural beauty.

The absence of accidents does not mean the presence of safety
Army General Richard Cody