Phisherman

Thanks Edwin. I finding out most of the units are pretty much the
same. Most with rather flimsy locking doors. It's interesting to see
where these microwave ovens are made, Korea, China, etc. Any made in
USA?!?

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 02:46:15 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"Phisherman" wrote in message
.. .
The microwave I want to replace (an over-the-range Whirlpool circa
1992) has a heat sensor that automatically turns on the fan when the
cooking gets too hot. I asked a salesman today about the heat
sensors, and he didn't have a clue. Even stated that none of the
microwaves has this feature. (Anyone have info about this?)

Salesman is a twit. I think probably most, if not all, have this feature.

From the Kitchen Aid and Whirlpool manual
To protect the microwave oven, the vent fan will automatically

turn on at the HIGH setting if the temperature from the range or

cooktop below gets too hot. It may stay on for up to one hour to

cool the microwave oven. When this occurs, the VENT FAN pads

will not function.

From the Sharp microwave manual"

FAN HI/LO

The fan will automatically start when heat rises from

range surface units or burners. This protects the microwave

oven from excessive temperature rise. The fan

will stay on until the temperature decreases. It cannot

be turned off manually during this time.

For other uses, press FAN HI/LO button one time for