Rob Morley

In article , "Mary
Fisher" says...

"Owain" wrote in message
"Mary Fisher" wrote
| ... put a bead of clear silicone between the floor and
| the skirting.
| Why?

The solicone will be flexible enough to accommodate the floor expanding
(and
almost invisible), but will help to prevent puddles disappearing under the
skirting and getting under the floor.

Oh, sorry! The talk had been of WC pedestals and I imagined our set up - of
a lavatory separate from the bathroom.

Mind you, even in our bathroom water never gets as far as the walls ... I do
wonder what people get up to. When our messy and uncontrolledchildren were
at home we never had water on the floor to such a depth as to need
preventing from getting under the tiles. And we still don't!

And what do you do about the gap underthe door?

Fit a raised threshold.