Andy Dingley

It was somewhere outside Barstow when "mark b"
wrote:

Is there such a thing as a smallish grit blaster that could be used indoors?

The small gritblaster that works is a "pressure pot". Forget the
cheap guns from Machine Mart - they work fine, but in such a tiny spot
it's unusably slow. I use a pot welded up from a small propane
cylinder, or you can buy them from the back of Practical Classics.

You'll also need a cabinet. Look at Machine Mart or Northern Tools for
ideas, then make your own. I use an old '50s fridge, the sort with a
"Michael Jackson" door lock handle to trap small children inside.

On the whole though, I wouldn't bother. Find someone local who does
grit blasting and take them over. It's a horrible job as a one-off.