Jim Adney

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 13:21:13 -0500 Andy Cuffe
wrote:

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 20:16:00 -0600, Jim Adney
wrote:

The part #s shown in the service manual are Sony #

X-3669-304-0 for the leading guide pin (the broken one)

X-3669-303-0 for the trailing guide pin

X-3669-353-0 for the complete threading ring w/pins

Sony still lists those parts for under $15, but they show up as not in
stock. I'm not sure if you'll be able to order them. AS others have
said, a junk VCR would be your best bet.

WHICH parts do you still find listed, the ones above, or the later
beefed-up replacements? I'm really not interested in replacing these
parts with the same bad design of parts.

If you know the part # for the later replacements, I'd love to learn
it. I would imagine that Sony had a small kit that included both pins
with hinges, screws, and springs. Anyone know the number for that kit?

If I find a later Beta VCR for parts, what chance do I have that it
will contain the same design of threading ring as this SL-2000? In
other words, were there dozens of Sony Beta loading mechanisms, or
just one, or just a few....

thanks,

-
Jim Adney