Jim Adney

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 11:05:28 +0100 "Bram Stolk Sr"
wrote:

Yes, it can be done (actually I did it myself years ago)...you must grind
down the remaining plastic hinge from the rotating ring using a ""Dremel""
or other miniature type of dentist drill.
Sony used to have a replacement pin which comes with a metal hinge and new
spring which you can install on the smoothed rotating ring using two
mini-screws..it is a rewarding job to get it done without removing any
parts...Probably by today you'll be better off to find an old sony beta
machine and canibalise the parts from there...

Sounds like you're describing exactly the repair that I had in mind.
Do you know the part #s for the replacement pins and hinges? And any
possible sources of supply?

thanks,

-
Jim Adney