Jim Yanik

mike wrote in :

Jim Yanik wrote:
mike wrote in :

Take a good look at the connectors. Replace the plastic key. You
wouldn't think it important, but it helps guide the plugin so you
don't blow it up when you plug it in hot...

You are NOT supposed to "hot" plug TM500/5K units.

You are NOT supposed to spill coffee on your laptop.
You're NOT supposed to cut yourself shaving.
You're NOT supposed to drive your car into another.
You're NOT supposed...well...you get the point...$#!^ happens...
and having the key in place reduces the carnage when it does.
mike

Actually,it does not.
It all depends on which contacts are made first.

BTW,I worked for TEK for 21.5 years,testing,calibrating,and repairing TEK
test and measurement and video test equipment.I've worked on plenty of
TM500 items.

at least not as often.
Same thing can happen if the top and bottom of the connector wears on
the fiberglass and lets the plugin slop up and down.

And use your expendable plugin to test the hole for the first time.
mike

There's a company that bought out TEK's TM500 product line
TEGAM;www.tegam.com

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik