gandalf

"Phisherman" wrote in message
Start with a General 350 table saw, made in Canada. Add a 2 HP DC.

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 12:53:50 -0500, "Justa Beginner"
upick1athotmaildotcom wrote:

Hi everyone, been lurking around for week or so now trying to get the gist
of the group. Anyhow the wife has given me the go ahead to start buying
some woodworking tools for my new hobby.

----------------
Best advice I've heard is: don't buy it till you need it.

Just because you can afford to buy a whole bunch of toys doesn't mean you
should. As you progress you will know more about just what it is you want
from a particular tool, then buy it.

The odd cheapo tool to get going isn't a sin. It teaches you what you don't
want want and helps you determine what you do want. Some of the cheapo stuff
isn't all that bad occasionally.

I started off with cheapo stuff and am gradually replacing. Not much to
replace thankfully as I followed advice on here and only got what I needed.
Now when I need a new tool, as in one I haven't got or a better replacement
for one I have got, I am better able to judge what I'm buying.

Resist the urge to buy all the toys in the shop, we all love them but it's
not the best approach.