As to the subcategory of Pointy Sticks (tm?) and Impressing Sticks, for
most of my life I have used a Complex Composite Pointy Stick for
writing. Aside from writing, I also find my CCPS an indispensable aid
to woodworking, for making marks, "Impressing" ala 21st century. Almost
as indispensable as the pointy "DO" end of the CCPS is the opposite
rubbery "UNDO" end.
I impressed upon my children, as they grew up, the value of Pointy
Sticks, and not to take them for granted, as they don't just grow on
trees.
I have some questions..Is "Pointy Stick" a more suitable term to use in
the phrase "It's better than being poked in the eye with a sharp
stick!"? I'm thinking it depends on whether you're talking to swells or
riff-raff. Are the 2 types of sticks related, did one evolve from the
other? Sam