Will

mac

The reason I was able to come up with the brand of DO so fast is that I
just bought some from LV to use on the bowls I was going to turn -- even
though SWMBO did not yet know she was buying the lathe for _us_. LOL

I like to plan ahead. blushes modestly

So it is waiting for first use this next week (or so...) since we will
be getting some wood to turn. (As soon as she recognizes how we will
spend our free time in the next few days. :-) )

Will wrote:

mac davis wrote:

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 12:07:49 -0500, Will
wrote:

Lee Valley has "Tried and True" Danish Oil - which is a polymerized
Linseed oil. - Non-Toxic - unless you drink it I presume.

Not sure if that would do the trick... Not sure I want to test for
you either. LOL.

me either, Will..lol
I use Danish Oil on a lot of bowls.. never thought of it as food safe,
though..

** NOTE ** I quoted a PARTICULAR brand touted as NON-TOXIC!!!!!

Just want to be sure that everyone notices and that LV takes the hit if
the info is not correct. There's always a first time...

mac davis wrote:

A friend likes my goblet "style" and wants a set of 8.. says that
they don't
have to be the same size, color or exact shape, which is my kind of
precision..*g*

My concern is that he wants to actually use them for serving drinks,
and the few
"food safe" finishes I've seen are for food, not alcohol..

The goblets will be plum with a cherry stain, assuming that I can
find a topcoat
that is safe and the stain won't be a problem.. if I have to, I can
go without
stain, but the plum looks really rich with the cherry stain..

Anyone have idea/links/info???

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

--