John Anderton

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 21:43:04 -0000, "mark b"
wrote:

I've got some C.I fireplaces with a 100+ yrs of paint to strip. I've tried
chemical methods but end up with only about 90% success at getting them
clean. The old paint in the crevices seems to be immune to paint stripper.
Is there such a thing as a smallish grit blaster that could be used indoors?
If this is a totally ridiculous idea I'm sure someone will let me know. : -)

I had some success with a sort of circular fibrous pad thing that I
got from B&Q which fitted onto a drill. It seemed to do a reasonable
job but still made quite a mess,

Cheers,

John