Ian Stirling

Hi,

I need to see what is happening in the cavity above my kitchen ceiling.
I seem to have a damp patch and suspect a leak from the upstairs
plumbin. Not far away I have some recessed lighting and wondered if a
tool for viewing inaccesible places with a fibreoptic exists ? I could
take out the bulb and use such a device to see what is going on without
having to remove any ceiling stuff.

Kind of like the thing they make you swallow to examine your gut.

To go really cheap, USB cameras are available for about a fiver.
Add a bulb, and you have something that may work.