GerryG

Okay, just located Chuck Ring's notes, some of which came from Hank Metz, who
taught me about these things years ago, so this should be fairly accurate.
http://www.woodworking.org/WC/GArchi...28ringpj1.html

The slot should be 5/32 or 0.156 wide.
Biscuits are spec'ed at .0.148. (However, I've never seen them that thin.)
The biscuit should swell with water to 0.164, and stay close to that when it
dries.

GerryG

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 21:51:49 GMT, GerryG wrote:

Hmmm...maybe a bad run of blades? That's sounds like the most likely cause.

Used to have the specs on this...no matter.
My DeWalt blade measures 0.157 on a tooth, and a cut slot measures the same.
From 1/2 dozen biscuits, I'm seeing 0.157-0.160.
GerryG

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 14:52:18 -0600, Dan Oelke wrote:

I picked up my PC 557 this weekend (should have done it through Amazon,
but didn't plan far enough in advance.... sigh)

I also noticed the same thing about sloppy fit. I was able to align my
board edges (mostly) when I had the clamps put on with very light
pressure, and then finished tightening.

So - now I'm curious - what should the biscuit thickness and slot
thickness be? (I'll get out the dial calipers tonight....)

Dan