TeamCasa

The rockers are flat-bottomed.

Will just rounding them to get minimum contact help? Or do I have to
skew the way I round them so that the contact areas come out parallel
-- compensating for the fact that the rockers are probably off
parallel?

Will using the thing on carpet mess up this strategy -- since sinking
into carpet will give back some of that contact area?

Thanks for your help!
dwilson

Rounding the bottom of the rockers will help a great deal. In Addition, if
you can easily determine how far out of parallel the rockers are, and the
trouble it would take to fix, adjusting them would be preferable.
You can remedy both the flat bottom and out of parallel by adding a metal
track on the bottom of the rocker. Try a T-molding cut into the bottom of
the rockers, or a thin piece of wood affixed to the bottom that is already
rounded or V shaped.

Carpeting should not affect it to much unless the rockers are out of
parallel.

Dave

http://www.usenet.com