CNT

BOY! I just came back from Woodcraft and Rockler! Those router tables are
expensive! I thought it would be about $200 for the top and lift mechanism
assembly. Well, the JessEm Mast-R-Lift (plate model) is $270 (WC is black /
R is blue). The Mast-R-Lift Excel Top (w/MicroDial) is $550, but will have
to buy THEIR fence (unless I could cut a line on the tabletop for other
fence). So, I guess I will HAVE TO build my own (only will buy a top from
whoever, the rest I will do). I will have to look into Norm's website
(thanks for mentioning Norm!).

One thing I like about the new Mast-R-Lift Excel Top is the vacume is in
beneath the table top (but will still have to attach both beneath and top).

Could you explain (below statement) why? Is it a problem (or tricky) to
change bits from the top?

The base of the PC 7518 is attached to the underside of the router
table. The motor is screwed/unscrewed to remove and install bits
using the two wrenches. That's good anyway, because this (heavy)
router should be removed anyway to prevent the insert from sagging.