I'm feeling more blunt than usual today, so please don't take offense.
My immediate response regarding Shopmaster and stationary tools is
"ptooey!". I'd rather spend my money on good quality portable power
tools and hand tools instead of investing in tools that will wear out
soon and always be a compromise on accuracy (why you buy stationary
tools). Maybe invest in one or two to get stated but don't go building
a whole shop around junk.

Things that come to mind are top quality jig saw, a block plane and
jointer plane, a benchtop planer, a good workbench. I was thinking the
other day about how much money I've spent on tools over the last year
(YIKES!) and what I would do if I had to get rid of most of it or start
over on a limited budget. That's where my recommendations are coming
from.

Bob