mac davis

Default safe finish for goblet used for alcohol?

A friend likes my goblet "style" and wants a set of 8.. says that they don't
have to be the same size, color or exact shape, which is my kind of
precision..*g*

My concern is that he wants to actually use them for serving drinks, and the few
"food safe" finishes I've seen are for food, not alcohol..

The goblets will be plum with a cherry stain, assuming that I can find a topcoat
that is safe and the stain won't be a problem.. if I have to, I can go without
stain, but the plum looks really rich with the cherry stain..

Anyone have idea/links/info???

thanks,

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing