~Roy

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 15:16:34 -0500, Pete Snell wrote:

wrote:
===
=== This is a dumb question, but what are the relative advantages of
=== 4-Flute vs. 2-Flute end mills, and on what applications should one type
=== be chosen over the other?
===
=== Harry C.
===
===
=== 2 flute can plunge cut, 4 flute cannot.

So far so good with the info given, but I have 4 flute that I plunge
cut with all the time. If they are center cut they will plunge cut..

2 flute so I am told and from my own experieince makes a slot closer
to the dimension of the endmill than a 4 flute does as well.......