Vince Iorio

I'm not an expert, but I do have an O/A rig. I don't think it matters
much. The final adjustment is done at the torch handle. All the
regulator does is drops the pressure down to a small pressure and
maintains it there. The valve on the torch needs a constant pressure to
work consistently.

I would guess that the regulator will control the pressure between 0
(more or less) and 100 psi. This guess is based on the 150 psi gauge.
If the manufacture puts a 60 psi gauge on a 100 psi regulator, then most
people will end up destroying them and demanding a new one.

Vince

Flash wrote:

My new Harris O/A setup has the regulated oxygen guage scaled to 150 PSI.

Not much resolution when I am trying to set Oxy to 3-5 PSI "per the
book" for small stuff. None of the charts the vendor gave me show a
Oxy PSI above 60, most far below that.

Is it common to change out the Oxy regulated pressure guage for
something scaled lower ?

thx,
FF