Chris W

Default Time Delay Relay

A year or so ago someone on one of these groups told me how a time delay
relay was the perfect solution to my problem. Well it was the perfect
solution till the used relay I got, stopped working yesterday. Well I
found one one ebay that looks even better than the one I had but I'm not
sure it will work the way I have the old one set up. The new one is a
CNT-35-76 and you can view the data sheet here . . .
http://www.thewishzone.com/cdw/Digit...elayCNT_DS.pdf

The old one has the same layout except for pins 5,6 & 7. 5 & 6 are not
used. To activate the Relay they want you to short pins 10 & 7
together. The new one has you short pins 5 & 6 together. It also says
I need to use a "dry circuit switch". BTW I am using it in delay on off
mode. The switch I am currently using is a DPDT (on) off (on) 15A
switch Switch it one way and a contractor activates to turn on an AC
motor and spin a hydraulic pump. Switch it the other way, the same
motor comes on, and it activates the time delay relay. Since the cable
going to the switch is a 3 wire cable, the motor and relay share a
common wire. Namely the neutral AC line. So in order to hook up the
new relay to the same switch setup it will in effect hook pin 5 to pin
10 on the new relay. Pin 10 will be the neutral AC line. I get the
feeling that it won't work right with this setup and I am going to have
to change something other than setting up my existing switch to pin 5 &
6 instead of 7 & 10.

I'm working on a wiring diagram to look at if this isn't enough
information. Thanks for the help.

--
Chris W

Gift Giving Made Easy