alexbartman alexbartman is offline
Member

Default Regulations

I'm confused (not the first time)....but what are the basics of new legislation coming up for DIY. I have just completed my second bathroom - totally ripped-out, moved the location of the sanitaryware around a bit, re plumbed crappy pipework and put in a new towel rad and new bath, basin and lav........I'm no expert, but I think I know my way around the basics (most fo the time).

My brother wants to do the same to his house and has asked me to help. Am I no longer allowed to do this for him? Or do I have to get a Buildings Insepctor down once the work is completed (or semi completed). (And what will happen if I dont????)

Needless to say, I wont touch gas - but when it comes to power showers, shaving sockets and lighting am I forbidden from DIY-ing these

Thereare so many threads on this I'm struggling to find the simplest and most definitive answer.