doozer

tony sayer wrote:
snip

Avoid the PPro cheap ones from B&Q their absolute crap squared.
If I were you I'd fork out a bit more and get a better one such as a
Bosch well worth the extra. I've decided not to by cheap power tools
again after some bad experiences, waste of money and resources....

I admit that some of the PPPro tools don't seem to be very well built
and they are certainly not in the same league as Matika and De Walt, for
example, but you get what you pay for. There is little point in paying
£100 (or more) buying a top of the range professional drill if all you
are ever going to do is hang pictures and attach door handles. There is
unfortunately, I believe, a lot of snob value placed in certain brand names.

FWIW I own a PPPro orbital sander. It was about half the price of the
average DIY brand names (Bosch, B+D etc) and a third or less the cost of
the professional names. As it was so cheap I bought it expecting it to
only last for the duration of the one (quite large) job I needed it for
so I pushed it as hard as I could. Amazing it's still in tip top
condition and I suspect it will last for many years more.

Graham