Shoreline Electronics

Go with the OEM. That is your only problem......there is nothing "that
makes the flyback fail". They fail on their own.

--
==========================
Jeff Stielau

========================

wrote in message
Hi all. I have here a Sony KV-24FS100. 2003 model. Came in with the
following symptom -- hit power button and red led flashes twice. After
doing
some looking over and tests, where starting would produce a shaky hum for
couple of seconds, I looked over the horizontal section. All small items
checked good. HOT, etc. Good solder joints. I check for high voltage. None
found. I remove flyback and substitute another Sony flyback, strung across
bench with wires, connected to B+ and Horizontal connections. Hit starter,
have all the high voltage I would like. Sub old one in same manner, arcs
nicely across 2 pins. So, flyback is worthless.

Now my question -- do you all recommend original Sony in this set, or is
the
ASTI aftermarket preferred. Reason I ask is this -- ASTI is out of stock.
Tritronics is out of ASTIs but has plenty of original Sonys. Is there a
problem with reliability in Sonys version, or is it just because ASTI is
cheaper? I want to do the owner right and safely, and give him a good set.

Cheers, Danny