roger

Default Tree stump removal

chris French writes

I took grubbed out the Once you have got
down far enough you can try to move the stump to and fro slightly and
gradually work your way underneath a bit. A small hand axe and a small
saw are also useful.

And a 6' crowbar.

It's also useful - if it's a 4" to 18" dia tree - to cut it off about
8ft above ground, so that you have something to wriggle it around by -
with a car or a chain hoist for preference.

Up to about 9" dia trees, it is often possible to avoid the graft by...
a method I could explain by email if anyone has a death-wish. I was
going to post it but realised I'd be flamed.

[BTW, when the roots brought up a nice shiny black pipe... it was the
phone cable to a dozen houses. Undamaged! Absolutely no indication it
was there, in an ordinary suburban front garden.]

--
roger
delete x's to email