David W.E. Roberts

Default Lighting circuits on a ring?

"Frisket" wrote in message

"David W.E. Roberts" wrote in message
Hi,

just a quickie.

Should lighting circuits be on a ring like power circuits?

TIA
Dave R

Hi Dave, Lighting circuits are normally run as radials - the 10m of cable
saved per house means we get to wire 1 in 100 for free!! (nothing to stop
you running them in a ring if you like tho')

Richard.

Thanks everyone.

As far as I know the circuits I have seen have been radials.

However the reasons for running power in a ring might be equally valid for
lighting.
This thought prompted by previous thread about how many lights you could
have per circuit.

I assume with a ring you could have more lights, in the same way as a power
ring can have a higher rating in the consumer unit that a power radial.

About to split off one set of lights onto a new circuit and doing it as a
ring seems as easy as doing a radial (just run two wires up to the loft
together).

Cheers
Dave R