Default Drying rough turned bowls

I am presently rough turning some green bowls and I need to dry them
without checking. I understand the wall thickness should be about 10%
of the diameter of the bowl and that I have to control the drying rate.
I believe this can be done by placing the bowls in a cardboard box and
setting it aside for a few months. What I am not sure of is how the
bowls have to be packed in the box, how much airspace they need or if
small pieces like under five inch diameter need to be packed at all.
Any information and hints on curing this green wood before finish
turning would be helpfull. Thanks Rod