David Wade

One of the great turners (Maybe it was Bob Stocksdale?) complained that
the Greeks and Romans had been stealing his designs for thousands of
years. Ain't no big deal. It isn't plagiarism. It's "Paying Homage To".
David

Kirk wrote:
Some turners might be plagiarizing without even knowing it.

This is from an article in the American Woodturner and it really got me to
thinking. With all of the shapes that have already been turned how many
are left? Will I ever be able to turn something that has not already been
done? Before reading this article I had made the assumption that
everything that I turned was original and mine. Now that my eyes are open
it is obvious that I am guilty of intellectual theft. Somewhere,
sometime, someone has certainly turned a piece identical to anything that
I would randomly generate.

Time to change my name and head to the hills. What is the difference
between a felony and a misdemeanor?

Rambling, worked all night and brain not working any more.

Kirk