Modat22

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 08:30:49 -0500, "Andrew V"
wrote:

"Andrew V" wrote in message
I found some brand new 2 bulb 4' fluorescent fixtures for what appears to
be a deal @$12 each. The big question is they are rated for 277 volts
...how do I get there from 240v? and will the switching remain simple &
cheap? any down side to this set up?

Andrew

Thanks for the input,

I have not bought them yet but I spoke to the guy that has them and I'll
probably take a look next week. He gave me some info and it would seem they
are better quality fixtures (surplus from a commercial fit up) I'm going to
look up the model # and see what's up. Apparently there he has a bunch of
electrical stuff so if the lights don't pan out maybe there's something else
I can make use of.
As far as low buck fixtures from HD and Walmart go the last ones I put up
buzzed just enough to push me to the edge, so I'm going to be a little more
picky this time. I'll look at what they have but the bar is set a bit higher
this time.

Andrew

I've got some 277 volt lights in a barn wired to 240 volt. They work
alright at 240. The light output might be about 10 percent less but I
can't notice it.