Mary Fisher

Default Tree stump removal

"Mike Mitchell" wrote in message
On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 17:29:04 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

The roots will be kept and seasoned. the holly will be used to make

things,
the pear for firing my earth oven.

I have a large-ish plank of holly, which I bought about 25 years ago
to make harpsichord bits from (tongues, jacks etc). I also have a
plank of pear somewhere. Don't burn it! You could sell it for lots of
munney! (I made the keyboard out of limewood.)

Hey ! I was only talking about the stump and roots. The trunks and larger
branches are seasoning nicely. They'll be used to make things rather than
sold, that way (if we cared about it) they'll bring more money.

If we don't use them our cabinet maker daughter will.

We value timber. But there's some which is no good even for turning and yet
will burn to make wonderful bread and other dishes. We waste nowt. We never
buy it if we can have home-grown! I think the only timber we've bought in
the last few years has been box.

Mary

MM