Jerry G.

Infocus will NEVER sell or distribute the schematics. Their service reps are
on a signed contract to not give out copies. We used to have one, and like
all the other computer type devices, we had to give it out for service, to
the Infocus service people. Their rates were reasonable in relation to the
value of the unit. We later on upgraded it, to the Sony unit. Even with the
Sony unit, it still has to go back to Sony when it goes defective.

--

Jerry G.
======

"EL" wrote in message
I've got an InFocus LP435z DLP projector that's driving me nuts!

The lamp (HID type) intermittently fails to ignite. Sounds like a bad lamp
but it's not - the problem is it doesn't even
*try* to ignite. The unit makes a distinctive noise when the "starting"
circuit is going and when it's in a bad mood there's
no noise. I've managed to track down the signal from the logic board to the
PS that tells the lamp to start and hooked an
LED to it - from this I've determined that the problem lies in the supply
because even when the lamp doesn't start the LED
lights. So what I need at this point is a schematic for the power supply
(which is a custom unit).

I know from Googling that InFocus usually isn't very forthcoming with
schematics - just wondering if anyone here has found a
source for same? Or, anyone ever had a similar problem and had luck fixing
it?

Thanks!

Eric Law
Wilmington, MA