charlie b

Robatoy wrote:

Does anyone have any plans for a secret compartment I can build into my
car so I can smuggle my pointy stick across the border?
Joe

psst....Joe...leave it at home. NO problem getting pointy sticks here in
Kanuckistan... I'll hook you up ..

But aren't Canadian Pointy Sticks metric? Let's see, 25.4 mm
per inch ... So a 1:6 softwood pointy stick point on a 10 mm stick
diameter - in inches - is (I'm getting a head ache)

Why not make a secret compartment in a Simple Stick that'll
hold your Pointy Stick "for transporting" - protecting the point
and preventing children from injuring themselves. Or, how
about a removable Pointy Stick point which can be kept
separate from the stick component of the Pointy Stick when
the assembled Pointy Stick is not in use?

And how about a device that would cause the "point" to
retract into the "stick" and a large suction cup pop up
over the end of the "stick" when the "point" comes within
1/1024th of an inch of an eye ball. And if OSHA can be
persuaded to make it mandatory ...

Was the old wall mounted pencil sharpener the first
helical wood planer?

Can a Pointy Stick point have a hardness greater than
RC13? ( I think that's marble on the Moh's Scale)
Will cryo- treatment significantly increase the
hardness of high tannin content Point Sticks? What
about woods with a high silica content like teak?

Is a Left Tilt Pointy Stick safer to use than a Right
Tilt Pointy Stick?

Do you use the "point guard" on your Pointy Stick
all the time or does it depend on what type of poking
you're going to be doing?

When you're poking, how close to the "point" do
you grip your Pointy Stick?

Has anyone experienced a "point back" or "stick back"
when "poking", "scratching", "impressing" or "picking"?
If so, have you figured out what went wrong and maybe
what can be done to prevent it from happening again?

For Teeth Cleaning Pointy Sticks, what's the least
gum tissue irritant wood? Are there any woods which
should definitely not be used for this application?

Can the Euro 32 mm system be applied to Pointy
Sticks?

charlie b
Editor (who once again has bitten off way too much . . .)
The Pointy Stick Compendium Project
(soon to be shortened to TPSCP)