Owen Lowe

In article ,
"M.J." wrote:

One quarter turn to un-screw the lid? Can we assume that three-quarters of
the lids' thread will be unmated? Why have a threaded lid on the box?

No threads would certainly be my preference - unless one could just
quarter-turn it to remove the lid. I'm thinking something along the
lines of the action required to uncork a pickle jar - secure but easily
removed with one quick motion.

Seems a suction fit would suit you better. I just checked my Richard Raffen
cocobolo threaded box. It takes one and a third revolution to unscrew the
lid. Not annoying at all and it sounds like it is made of porcelain....Nice
sound. However I agree that a lid that takes several turns would "grow old"
very quickly!

as 100% Americanism." -- Huey P. Long