Harold and Susan Vordos

"Ignoramus2026" wrote in message
How big is having a good power supply as part of the entire plating
process. The reason for this question is that four 100 amp 10VDC power
supplies HP6260B found their way into my home, and I am not sure
whether I should keep one of them or sell all of them.

I would love to gold plate some perfectly inappropriate things, such
as a bumper or parts of the boat trailer. Always had this strange
desire.

I'm far from an expert on plating, having done very little aside from some
cyanide copper and gold, each of which was a long time ago.

I used to part silver electrolytically, however, so I'm slightly familiar
with the process. One thing that's very desirable is to be able to
control voltage, which, in turn, controls amperage. I would think that it
would be desirable to have control from 0 to perhaps up as high as 30 volts,
depending on what's being plated and how. If your supplies have variable
output, I'd think they'd be ideal for plating, assuming you didn't have
need for greater voltage. I built my power supply for silver parting,
using a variac to control primary voltage.

Bound to be someone with plating experience that will set us both straight.

Harold