Kim

"chester" wrote in message

I put laminate in my last kitchen. Then we had a leak under the sink.
Ended
up removing it an putting down tile.

Your fooling yourself at a buck a foot for the flooring. You still need a
membrane and the pad. Check the direction for installation. My pad was
$0.50
a foot on sale when I bought my flooring. Do you own or can borrow an
accurate tablesaw and miter saw?
I purchased a 10 inch Dewalt for my project. I already own a power miter
saw.

I had some laminate (Pergo) in a small room, and had a leak, and the stuff
swelled up and buckeled like crazy. I think the stuff is just terrible in
general, and in particular for any application that risks wetness. I dont
think it looks very good either. And my stuff wasnt cheap. It ended up
being as expensive as real wood flooring. If I wnated to go with a
prefinished product, I would go with a ~Bruce wood flooring product (i.e.
prefinished wood floors), or if that would be too thick an application,
tile is a great surface for a kitchen.

I had a leak too and my hardwood floor swelled and buckled just as bad as
the laminates. There is a water proof laminate product that you could
submerge it under water without damage.