Phisherman

The microwave I want to replace (an over-the-range Whirlpool circa
1992) has a heat sensor that automatically turns on the fan when the
cooking gets too hot. I asked a salesman today about the heat
sensors, and he didn't have a clue. Even stated that none of the
microwaves has this feature. (Anyone have info about this?)

I doubt the steam caused any harm to your microwave oven. My
microwave has worked since 1992 and I have not replaced any interior
nor exterior bulbs and I've boiled tons of spaghetti.

So far, I've found a Maytag to have the best construction. I am not
impressed with Amana. The Samsung has the light toward the back of
the unit which is not where I need light most often.

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 21:21:27 GMT, "Dee" wrote:

I had a G.E. in the early 1980s that was a workhorse. A few years ago I
bought a Sharp Carousel that crapped out after a year or so. *However*!! It
might have been my fault. I was boiling a large pot of potatoes on a back
burner and condensation collected on the bottom of the microwave. The next
time I turned it on I heard a loud POP! Fuse(s) blown. I guess theoretically
that could happen to any brand. However, the Sharp had a couple other
glitches which I found annoying, such as going through (incandescent)
appliance bulbs at the rate of one or two a month and starting automatically
when the door was opened and closed (even after the timer was off). I might
have just gotten a strange one, though. Every other Sharp item I ever owned
was excellent.