Kim

"Harry Everhart" wrote in message
Your prep may take a month but the painting will only take a few hours
with
a good airless. I have an old Binks setup from the mid 80's, still runs
like a champ.

I may not know enough to ask the right questions - but some of the sites
I checked - "airless paint sprayers" seem to have air hoses attached to
them.

It's not an air hose, it's full of paint at pressure over 1,000 psi. If
fact, if you have air pockets in the hose it would spudder paint all over
the wall.

What am I missing? I have a Sears compressor and a spray gun that
I used to paint a jeep with pretty good success.

I suppose you could paint you house with air but that would take much, much
longer realitive to airless. (See comment below.)

I though an airless
system would be one like a Wagner with just a power cord.
Harry

True, I too have one of those hand held buzz box airless Wagner. Don't
believe the TV commercial that it will do a whole house unless you truly
have a month for painting. It's for small jobs, not for your 3,000sf house.
The airless setup I'm talking about come with its own cart with pneumatic
wheels and a long hose and takes a 5 gallon bucket of paint at a time. If
you could keep up with the airless, you could discharge 5 gallons of paint
on the wall in about 15 minutes or less. That is something that your Sears
compressor and spray gun cannot touch.

I don't know about the inexpensive DYI airless total package set up they
have at the big box stores like Home Depot. It maybe be pretty good or not.
Mine Binks is a commercial set up and cost a lot more. If this is a one time
shot why not just rent one out or even use a roller. One more thing, airless
uses a lot paint than a brush or roller so do you want to save paint or
time?