Tim S

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 10:31:40 +0000, Mary Fisher wrote:

I'd agree with that. Except that when I went to bed I put to him my idea of
cutting out the vinyl in our kitchen and using floor paint and he said it
was a good idea. Couldn't find anything to argue about - it was a strange
feeling! We shall have gaps between the boards but they're pretty large and
cr-p can be vacuumed or swept out. I don't drop grease as a rule.

I dropped a potload of grease last weekend at my Dad's house - one of
those quick roasts in a little foil tray - caught the edge on the oven
shelf while taking it out. Fortunately Dad has a "proper floor" -
real quarry tiles, so no harm done.

The floorpaint sounds like a class idea.

My dream is to have a 12' x 12' kitchen ... :-(

Our rented house would have a 12x8 kitchen, except they turned it into a
half-arsed kitchen and diner combination - both bits too small to
adequately fulfil any meaningful function

Tim