Adam Goldman

Default Tek TM504 check-out

I just bought a used Tektronix TM504 power module and would like to test
it before I put any plug-ins in. I plan to first ESR test any caps, then
check the pass transistors with a DMM diode test function, and finally
power it up and make sure all the voltages are in spec. Oh, and then
remove any inter-module jumpers and connector barriers. Is there anything
else I need to do?

I don't have a curve tracer to fully characterize the pass transistors. I
guess if it's necessary I could throw something together with a doorbell
transformer or whatever. I wouldn't be very good at interpreting the
graphs, though.

My DMM also has an hFE mode if that's any use.

Thanks for any assistance!

-- Adam