Kim Sleep

Ok...so lets get this one straight....you accepted someone's Theremin to
repair...with absolutely no idea how to repair it?. After your done
thoroughly killing it to the point of no return, send it off to me.

--
Kim..."A Man Of True Frankenstinean Proportions"
"Colin Swift" wrote in message
Hi,

I've been given a wavefront travel case Theremin to repair.... seems the
power supply is dead, it has a 3 pin DIN connector alas I am not 100% sure
as to what the voltages should be on these pins? Is there anyone out there
who knows? I tried e-mailing the company however haven't received a reply.

So far the voltages measured on the pins on the din connector are -12, 0
and -0.71V - I guess the latter pin should be +12v. The power supply that
came with the unit is an adapted computer psu with output voltages of
+/-12v
and +5v - but only 3 outputs are used. Looking at the resistor to the 'on'
LED (220 ohms) I am now 90% sure that there should be +12V and not +5V on
this line. I just want to be 100% sure if possible. The transformer is one
of those impossible to open things (sealed - cant see any screws) and as
its
not mine, I'm not overly keen to take a hacksaw to it.

Anyway, hope someone out there knows, tho I guess its a long shot so
thanks in advance for your help.

Colin