R. Bharat Rao

"John A. Weeks III" wrote in message
In article VfvUd.66322$8a6.43276@trndny09,
"R. Bharat Rao" wrote:

I just bought a 61" Samsung DLP.
How important is getting a good surge protector (I'm guessing "very").

It is pretty important. Power glitches can reduce the life of
the equipment, lead to failures, and cause random glitches in
the program.

How important is getting "clean noise" -- Circuit City is recommending
a $80 Monster Power which has "clean noise"...

If that is what they are saying, they are full of foo-foo.
Perhaps they meant that it cleans up (or removes) the noise.
The monster power unit is OK, but it isn't the best value.
One of those battery backup UPS devices used for computers
might be a better choice. You can get small ones for far
less than the monster unit they are selling. I would still
use an additional power filter on the output of the UPS
since you are dealing with sound and video equipment.
TripLite makes good power filters.

John,

The $80 Monster Unit is joint surge protector (1800 joules) and clean power.
Does the TripLite offer both?

Thanks for any help,

Bharat