Lee Michaels

"Ken Muldrew" wrote in message
Tom Watson wrote:

At construction sites, what isn't bolted down often disappears. The
costs to contractors and consumers are substantial.

Interesting case here about a month ago. A friend of mine who does
finish carpentry ran into a Macs for a coffee. Some thieves took the
opportunity to relieve him of his Dewalt 12" CMS from the back of his
truck. Now there's nothing too odd about that, but it turns out that a
pair of undercover cops watched the whole thing from across the
street, only they were staking out bigger game and so decided not to
blow their cover. My friend was a little upset when he learned that
the police had watched the whole episode without intervening, and the
police assured him that they were upset about being unable to take the
punks down, but such is life. By the time the TV crew arrived my
friend had calmed down and accepted his personal loss as a
contribution to the greater good. Made for a nice story on the evening
news, but not much else.

I keep hearing about all this greater good crap. As far as I am concerned,
the cops weren't doing their job.

I would at least file a claim with the police department. And if that didn't
work, with small claims court. See if that "greater good" argument flys
with the judge.