Duane Bozarth

Dick Snyder wrote:

I am building a dresser with 6 drawers and each drawer has red oak trim
around all four edges. I can put up a picture on apbw but I don't think you
would need to see anything to give me some advice.

I need to remove a small amount of trim (up to 1/8" in a couple of cases -
usually less than that). I believe a plane would be the right tool to use
rather than a sanding block and sandpaper. The only plane I own is a 40 year
only monster from Sears. I have looked on the web and in this newsgroup
history via google but I can't find any resource that can give some advice
on what kind of plane to buy. Can you either point me at a good on-line
resource so I can read about this or can you give some advice based on your
own experience?

For that sounds like a small block plane would be fine if you don't want
to spend much...sharpen it up good and lap the sole a little if it seems
too sorry initially.

If you clean up the old smoother you could probably get by, but it may
be a little awkward (as I gather is the hesitation to just go get it
now)...

If, otoh, you're looking or an excuse, there's always Lie-Nelson, et
al...